- Home >
Inflammatory Bowel Disease Models
Epistem's preclinical inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) platform is an integrated offering combining a comprehensive range of models with a high level of scientific experise. Epistem has a track record of delivering high quality preclinical results across a wide range of pharmaceutical clients.
Our standard acute models of chemically-induced disease are more rapid to complete, providing a shorter treatment period of 4-7 days.
Our range of models includes the CD4+CD62L+ adoptive T-cell transfer, which gives a reproducible chronic colitis. Having more similarity to human disease than models of chemically-induced colitis, it permits the administration of test items in a therapeutic context over 2-3 weeks.
- CD4+CD62L+ adoptive T-cell transfer
- IL-10 knockout
- Combination studies (synergistic response of novel therapy in combination with current standard therapies)
Epistem is currently developing and validating its range of models to include:
- Chronic DSS
Typical parameters measured:
- Body weight
- Diarrhoea severity, faecal blood and overt rectal bleeding
- Colon weight & length
- Colitis severity score
- Histometric quantification of epithelial loss and submucosal alterations
- Myeloperoxidase (MPO)
- Gene expression
- Protein expression by immunohistochemistry