Covid‑19 rapid testing Service
COVID-19 Testing Service Terms and Conditions
- Test processing will not be initiated until full payment is received by Epistem. Payment is currently by BACS, details are supplied on completion of order form.
- The standard testing package includes shipping of the collection kits and the return of collected samples by First Class T24 Royal Mail (pre-paid). Priority post boxes should be used.
- If samples are required to be processed quickly, please arrange the expedited return of samples yourself by Special Delivery or using a Courier. Fees for the accelerated return of samples by Special Delivery or using a Courier are at the customer's expense.
- All shipments, whether by Royal Mail or courier must use the provided bag and label showing the legally required UN3373 code. Epistem does not hold any responsibility for the return of samples to our facility.
- Samples received by 10:00am on a working weekday (Monday-Friday) will have the results available the same working day either by SMS or email. Samples received after 10:00am will be processed the next working weekday and results sent that same day by SMS or email. It is the customer's responsibility to ensure that the shipment arrives back at the laboratory no later than 10:00am Monday-Friday on the day the results are required.
- Outward delivery of sample collection kits by courier can be arranged in advance, at extra cost, if required but Epistem does not guarantee the performance or delivery times of any third party shipping service. There is also a Next Day Special Delivery option available.
- Manual collection and return: Kits can be collected directly from Epistem's premises by prior arrangement but Epistem does not have a walk in clinic and no samples can be collected on site. Customers must take the swab kits away for use elsewhere. Kits containing collected samples can be returned by hand if within the provided containers and external outer shipping bag. Under no circumstances are individuals experiencing COVID symptoms or who have been in contact with a known infected individual allowed on our premises. If you are experiencing COVID symptoms, please contact your local GP.
- Certificates summarising results are available upon request. If certificate(s) are requested, the certificate(s) will be returned as digital PDF files by email or SMS. Customers should ensure they have the means to present the certificate(s) in the form required, either digitally or via print-out.
- If we have not yet despatched your testing kit/s, you will be refunded in full.
- If your testing kit/s have already been dispatched, you can return the kit/s unopened and unused for a refund minus an administration fee (£20/test where an order has been dispatched by standard delivery and £30 if an order has been dispatched by Special Delivery), within 14 days of receipt, to:
Epistem Ltd. 48 Grafton Street Manchester, M13 9XX, United Kingdom Please include your name and order reference code with the package.
- If your testing kit/s have already been opened we are unable to provide a refund.
- Refunds or free re-tests are not possible if the swabs contain insufficient or incorrect sample and provide non-conclusive results. Customers should ensure they strictly adhere to the sampling guidelines provided with the test kits.
- Our PCR tests are conducted in a Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP) accredited laboratory using a test that is approved in Europe (CE-IVD marked) and the United States (FDA approved). The test has also been approved by Public Health England (PHE).
- Different countries have different requirements and these are constantly changing. It is the customer's responsibility to ensure that Epistem's test and accreditation is compliant with the country they are travelling to or the airline they are travelling with and refunds cannot be given for failure to comply.
- Different countries and airlines have different policies regarding the information to be included on certificates. It is the customer's responsibility to ensure they instruct Epistem to include all the information required. Epistem does not hold any responsibility for information that has not been included on certificate that would prevent a customer travelling or entering a country. Epistem has the right not to include information provided by the customer on the certificate.
- Beyond 3 months in which a test has been conducted by Epistem, if customers wish to obtain a copy of their certificate, results or any other enquiries relating to a sample that has been processed, customers must provide the Epistem Unique Reference number (Barcode) in order to obtain this information.