Covid‑19 rapid testing Service
COVID-19 Testing Service Delivery & Collection Information
- The standard testing package includes shipping of the collection kits and the return of collected samples by First Class T24 Royal Mail (pre-paid). Priority post boxes should be used.
- If samples are required to be processed quickly, please arrange the expedited return of samples yourself by Special Delivery or using a Courier. Fees for the accelerated return of samples by Special Delivery or using a Courier are at the customer's expense.
- All shipments, whether by Royal Mail or courier must use the provided bag and label showing the legally required UN3373 code. Epistem does not hold any responsibility for the return of samples to our facility.
- Samples received by 10:00am on a working weekday (Monday-Friday) will have the results available the same working day either by SMS or email. Samples received after 10:00am will be processed the next working weekday and results sent that same day by SMS or email. It is the customer's responsibility to ensure that the shipment arrives back at the laboratory no later than 10:00am Monday-Friday on the day the results are required.
- Outward delivery of sample collection kits by courier can be arranged in advance, at extra cost, if required but Epistem does not guarantee the performance or delivery times of any third party shipping service. There is also a Next Day Special Delivery option available.
- Manual collection and return: Kits can be collected directly from Epistem's premises by prior arrangement but Epistem does not have a walk in clinic and no samples can be collected on site. Customers must take the swab kits away for use elsewhere. Kits containing collected samples can be returned by hand if within the provided containers and external outer shipping bag. Under no circumstances are individuals experiencing COVID symptoms or who have been in contact with a known infected individual allowed on our premises. If you are experiencing COVID symptoms, please contact your local GP.
- Certificates summarising results are available upon request. If certificate(s) are requested, the certificate(s) will be returned as digital PDF files by email or SMS. Customers should ensure they have the means to present the certificate(s) in the form required, either digitally or via print-out.