The requirement to COVID test and mitigating risk
Work and travel pose a major challenge for individuals, families, employees and employers
Epistem’s COVID testing services provide rapid identification of coronavirus infections reducing staff absence and the detrimental effects associated with reduced economic productivity as well as providing certificates for the travel sector. Employers have the ability to protect workers and their families from the risk of infection. As well as individual testing, we offer bulk discount packages for clinics, pharmacies, travel agents and other institutions and companies. Epistem offers one of the cheapest COVID-19 courier-based testing services. Request a quote now to learn more.
Epistem’s COVID-19 tests include:
- 1. Viral detection tests
- - to ascertain if an individual has an infection (assessment obtained from swabs)
- 2. Viral antibody tests
- - to ascertain if an individual has had the infection and has antibodies to the virus (assessment obtained from blood samples)
Find out more, get a quote for our partnership testing:
or order a personal individual test now:
The requirement to test
COVID-19 testing is essential in the workplace to promote a safe working environment as well as a requirement for travel, particularly air travel. Regular and/or pre-flight testing can:
- Identify asymptomatic individuals
- Many people have the virus but do not show signs of infection. These individuals can subsequently infect other individuals unknowingly.
- Differentiate COVID-19 from other infections
- It is important to distinguish COVID-19 infections from others with similar symptoms such as the common cold and influenza.
- Identify clusters and spikes in infection
- With the relaxation of quarantine measures, we are already seeing subsequently results in spike or clusters of COVID-19 infections.
- Ensuring the safety of employees and travellers
- The application of social distancing and sanitisation within offices may not be sufficient to ensure the safety of workers. In certain work environments, it is not possible to implement effective social distancing and sanitisation. The majority of airlines and overseas destinations now require certification that an individual is free from infection. Testing is therefore essential.
How our viral detection kit works
Epistem’s laboratory testing services enable the fast assessment of samples to determine if an individual is infected with COVID-19.
- The organisation decides the testing strategy required (e.g. single one-off tests for symptomatic individuals or regular screening).
- Epistem provides swabs and transport tubes to the organisation and pre-paid envelopes for their return. Alternatively, the organisation may choose to arrange a courier service.
- If the virus is present, it is immediately inactivated once the swab is placed in the transport tube in the sample collection kit. Once samples arrive at our laboratories, the swab is placed in the buffer and genetic material is then extracted.
- Analysis of extracted genetic material is performed using a validated methodology (RT-PCR) to confirm the presence or absence of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Results are interpreted by Epistem and sent back electronically, usually within 24 hours of sample being received in our laboratories.
Submit an on-line enquiry, email or call our staff for more information.
Place an order for our RT-PCR sampling kits and tests.
We'll send you your kits right away.
Use swabs as directed.
Place your swabs into packaging.
Samples will be sent back to Epistem's laboratory.
Results provided online 24 hours on average from Epistem receiving samples.
Epistem COVID-19 Testing Service
Mitigate the impact of coronavirus on your business with Epistem's COVID-19 diagnostic testing. Our rapid 24-hour turnaround testing provides the lowest cost for both infection testing and antibody testing.
For business enquiries and bulk discount partnerships, contact us via:
(*only available Mon-Fri, 9am to 5 pm. For individual testing please visit our individual testing page)