Epistem offers an adoptive T-cell transfer-mediated model of chronic colitis. This model is dependent on adaptive immunity and is suitable for the evaluation of therapies that can be administered either prophylactically or therapeutically.
Adoptive T-Cell Transfer Model Description
Colitis is induced by transferring naïve CD4+CD62L+ T-cells from donors to recipients. Disease results from the activation of donor T-cells by luminal antigens. This adoptive T-cell transfer model typically runs over 4-5 weeks. Colitis is characterised by discontinuous lesions in the large bowel, erosion and occasional ulceration; affected areas demonstrate significant infiltration into the mucosa and submucosa.
- Large bowel histopathology
- Large bowel weight : length ratio
- Immunohistochemistry and immunofluorescence
- Diarrhoea severity
- Weight loss
- FACS analysis of inflammatory cell response
- Multiplex analysis of serum and tissue cytokines
- Protein expression
- Gene expression
- Haematological analysis