Epistem's expertise and in-depth knowledge of epithelial cell biology has been applied to provide a comprehensive package of skin related models. Epistem's in-house skin services are provided by an experienced team, ensuring high quality reproducible data which can be used for claims and patent support. Analytical support is provided by a fully GCLP accredited histology and immunohistochemistry service.
Epistem strives to provide clinically relevant ex vivo models, reducing the need for in vivo and human testing. Donor skin samples used for these models can be specified to ensure the model is representative of the required skin type.
Epistem's skin services can be used to investigate many aspects of skin biology including:
- UV-induced DNA damage
- Cytotoxic potential of pharmaceutical components
- Stem cell response and skin regeneration potential
- Skin response to cancer therapy
- Hair growth and response to treatment
- Skin lightening and darkening
- Wound healing