Epistem's FACS service utilises a three laser multiparametric flow cytometer. This allows for the analysis of up to 10 optical channels, facilitating simple and rapid cellular analysis. Phenotypic analysis with fluorescent antibodies and functional analysis of fluorescently labelled cells, for example, cell cycle, apoptosis and cell proliferation analysis are possible on a variety of cell types.
Enrichment of rare cell populations for further phenotypic analysis is also achievable through the use of the inline magnetic sorting capability of the FACS machine. High throughput analysis is available with automated labelling and 96-well assay format. Data analysis is highly sensitive with typical inter-sample carry over <0.01%.
Epistem's FACS service is available as a stand-alone analysis service or as part of a comprehensive integrated preclinical package.
Capabilities of Epistem's FACS service:
- Identification and characterisation of immune cells
- Analysis of antigen-specific T-cells and cytokine-secreting cells
- Whole blood cell analysis
- Apoptosis and proliferation assays
- Identification and characterisation of cancer stem cells
- Cell fate tracking with fluorescent proteins
- Monitoring cell viability, apoptosis and cell cycle
- Fluorescent protein analysis
- Identification and characterisation of circulating tumour cells
- Solid tumour cell analysis (post-dissociation)
Epistem's FACS service can be used to support in-house models including:
- Target validation
- Cancer stem cell assay
- Solid tumour xenografts
- Orthotopic models
- Solid tumour orthotopic models